Setting up Email Auto Responders
An Email Auto Responder is a tool that will automatically send response messages to people who email you. This is very useful when your business is closed over the holdiays - and you need to let your customers know when you are back.
To setup your Email Autoresponder...
Login into your webmail. (www.yourdomain.com.au/webmail or use the BottomUp Toolbox.)
Click on Auto Responders.
Click on Add AutoResponder.
You then need to fill out this box...
- Character Set: just leave this to the default.
- Interval: The "interval" is the time for the autoresponder to wait before it sends out a second autoreply to the same person. For example, if you set up an autoresponder with an interval of 8, and you receive an email from
at 8 am on Monday, the autoresponder will respond to his message immediately. If, continues to email you throughout the day, the autoresponder will not send him another response for 8 hours after his initial email (in this case, 4pm Monday). If he emails you again after the 8-hour interval expires, he will receive an auto response.
- From: Your name in words.
- Subject: This is the subject of teh email that goes back to
- Body: The email message you want to give back to